- This event has passed.
Environmental Project Mapping Workshop – Using Google Maps and Android phone GPS – Monbulk
July 9, 2017 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop will be a practical, hands on approach to mastering the knack of using Google Maps and your Android phone GPS. It is being delivered by Ron Sawyer, President of the Macclesfield Landcare Group, at the Monbulk Hub, with catering and all for free!
Learn how to:
• Access google mapping tools
• Set-up a digital project map
• Draw property boundaries, shapes, lines and points
• Format and label shapes lines and points
• Measure distances and areas
• Access project from Android phone
• Use Android phone to mark weeds and environmental assets
• Map on-ground areas for weed treatment or revegetation
• Embed maps into documents such as grant applications and reports
• Save, share and submit electronic maps to granting bodies
What to bring:
Each student/couple to BYO laptop and android phone with GPS
By conclusion of this workshop, each participant/couple will have prepared two project maps.
• Both maps will be compliant with PPWCMA submission standards.
• A least one map will contain points, lines and shapes entered from android phone GPS
• Participants own equipment will be set up and used during this workshop so will be ready for further use.
When – Sunday 9th July 2017
Time – 9.30am – 1pm
Venue: Monbulk Living & Learning Hub 21 Main Rd, Monbulk
A Free event. Morning tea & lunch provided. Places limited.
To Register: Click here to register
Registrations close Wed 5th July